Ofentse Mwase is a filmmaker who grew up in the great city of Rustenburg in the North West Province, and now resides in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Ofentse’s infatuation with film and cameras started in 2005 and led to his enrolment at AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) to study film and cinematography. Ofentse graduated with an Honours Degree in Cinematography in 2011.
Ofentse was voted AFDA Best Cinematographer of 2010 for this work on the Short film IGOLIDE, shot on 16mm Kodak film. Further accolades include a nomination for AFDA Best Cinematography for his work on the short film “The Hajji” shot in in 2011.
Thato, a Sterkinekor commercial shot in 2011 on 35mm Kodak Film by Ofentse was also nominated for the prestigious Loerie Award and went on to win a Silver Loerie in the Student Commercials category.
With over 5 years experience in Film, Commercials and Music Videos, Ofentse is set to be one to look out for in the South African film industry as he continues to be involved in great projects for TV and Commercials.
- Best Film: ISAZELA (2009 Joburg Arts Festival)
- Best Cinematographer: IGOLIDE (AFDA 2010 Awards)
- Nominated for Best Cinematography: The Hajji (AFDA 2011 Awards)
- Best Film: The Hajji (AFDA 2011 Awards)
- Best Commercial: Thato (AFDA 2011 Awards)
- Silver Loerie: Thato (Loerie Awards 2012)
- Official Selection: The Hajji (Durban International Film Festival 2013)